Hours per Day Data by Device, by Day
Hours On Per Day
Hours of Awesome
Number of Serial Numbers Active Per Day (new vs returning)
Above selection only |
Source data for this page |
raw stark dataset (full history)
- Dashboard data is based on hourly 'heartbeat' messages emitted by each Stark device powered and connected to the internet. In the rare cases where a unit emits only a single heartbeat in one day, it is assumed that this unit was on for at least 45 minutes.
- Hours per day per unit calculation: Hours per day is calculated for each unit by looking at the first message and last message timestamps recorded within a 24 hour period. If there is a gap of 90 or more minutes between recorded messages, that gap is subtracted from the total minutes for that unit for the day. For example, the histogram 'Hours on Per Day' shows the number of hours per day per serial number, so if multiple days are selected, one unit may be included multiple times (once per 24-hour period).
- Times and dates are UTC.Except where explicitly stated otherwise, all date and time units should be assumed to be in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). This is equivalent of using Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) as the time zone. For example, data displayed as the date of April 28, 2016 includes unit heartbeat messages received on or after April 27, 2016 8:00 pm but before April 28 7:59:59 pm Eastern Time.
- Geographic data is an estimate and omits some units. Geographic info is based on IP address. In many cases the exact location of the IP address (such as the US state) can't be determined, and in those cases a best guess is made, or the unit is omitted entirely. For that reason the map data will almost never include 100% of all the units. Also, IP addresses will change for a specific unit, so some units located near a state's border may appear to be in two states at once.
- Dashboard is updated daily. Around 2:00 a.m. UTC every day, all new data captured over the previous 24 hours is processed, cleaned, and incorporated into this dashboard.